October 26, 2020: This past year was a wash, but 2021 doesn’t have to be. Make up for lost time with an epic adventure to Salmon Falls Resort in Ketchikan, Alaska! The intimate full-service waterfront resort is now taking bookings for 2021 and has just launched a new series of adventures for travelers seeking customized outdoor explorations in a small, private setting. The resort is opening six weeks earlier than normal on May 1 thanks to increased consumer interest in convenient, yet off-the-grid escapes within the U.S. great outdoors. Due to the lack of cruise ships and less charter fishing excursions, less pressure has been placed on the fish and the eco-system, making wildlife watching and fishing better than ever. The photos are EXCEPTIONAL, available here.
Salmon Falls Resort is situated at the southernmost entrance to Alaska’s iconic Inside Passage, located just 90 minutes from Seattle. The 51-room resort has catered to discerning travelers for more than 30 years. It’s best known for its majestic setting and world-class salmon fishing. Ketchikan has been called “The Salmon Capital of the World.” The vast natural splendor in the midst of the Tongass National Forest on Revillagigedo Island lends itself to adventure and social distancing.
NEW experiences at the resort for 2021 will focus on adventure, cultural and culinary themes that honor the extraordinary setting and heritage of the Alaskan Panhandle. Our new Adventure Specialist will help plan your perfect trip. The resort’s popular guided and self-guided fishing excursions will be offered along with the following NEW standouts:
- Misty Fjords Floatplane Flightseeing—hop on a floatplane from the dock at Salmon Falls and experience the freedom of flight with a tour over the Misty Fjords National Monument, surrounding lakes and glacial bays
- Wildlife Watching Boat Safari—venture into the ocean on a guided zodiac in search of humpback or orca whales, seals, eagles, sea lions and bears
- Bear Watching—join an expert guide to safely and ethically view black bears in their natural habitat
- Oyster Farm Tour—learn more about the Alaska shoreline in a behind the scenes tour at the Hump Island Oyster Company and sample the world’s finest oysters
- Eco-Kayaking Tours—Paddlers of all skill levels will enjoy several tranquil hours out on the ocean exploring the waters of Clover Passage by kayak
All-inclusive room rates (including three meals per day) start at $350 per night at Salmon Falls Resort. Salmon Falls’ sister property, Edgewater Inn Restaurant & Marina, is located 15 minutes away in the downtown Ketchikan area and is open year-round. New self-guided fishing expeditions are now available directly from Edgewater for more experienced fishermen, and incredible room rates start at $169 per night. The activities above can be booked from either resort.
The state of Alaska is requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival. Salmon Falls and Edgewater Inn will assist with optional testing services and send tests directly to travelers if requested.
Salmon Falls Resort and Edgewater Inn Restaurant & Marina are owned by Caliber and managed by Highgate. For reservations and more information on Salmon Falls Resort, please call 800-247-9059 or visit www.salmonfallsresort.com. Follow Salmon Falls on Facebook at Facebook.com/SalmonFallsResort and Instagram at @SalmonFallsAK.
For reservations and more information on Edgewater Inn Restaurant & Marina, please call 907-247-2600 or visit https://www.ketchikanedgewaterinn.com/. Follow Edgewater Inn on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KetchikanEdgewaterInn/ and Instagram at @EdgewaterInnAK